Saturday, September 2nd, 2017
Name Tags: You Are... (Part 65)
More Than Conquerors
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written:
'For Your sake we are killed all day long;
We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.'
Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him Who loved us.
Romans 8:35-37 (NKJV)
Romans 8:31-39* (which we might expand to the whole Chapter) stands with the Word's most uplifting Verses. Romans 7 reveals Paul's misery, as he battles against human weakness...
Setting the stage for the Star's arrival: the Hero Who would fight on Paul's behalf, and on our behalf, too--if we're honest, like Paul was in confessing his weakness.**
Actors, models and talent for Christ: With the name tag, More Than Conquerors, don't puff out your chest and get braggy.
Instead, get down on your knees and pray: share your weakness to receive God's strength. But it's far more than bulging muscles or victory over opponents, because Jesus was a humble Man.
Being more than conquerors means...
* Being more kind, gentle and loving.
* Being more giving and merciful.
* Being more willing to sacrifice.
* Being more helpful and neighborly.
* Being more filled with peace and purpose.
* Being more thankful for small blessings.
* Being more Christlike as you grow up.
To Be Continued...
* Romans 8:31-39: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=romans+8%3A31-39&version=NKJV
** Romans 7-8: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=romans+7-8&version=NKJV
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Name Tags: You Are... series.