Name Tags: You Are... (Part 9)
He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His Name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
As newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the Word, that you may grow thereby, if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
God is clear: we must become born again to be accepted into His kingdom. Therein, when this holy re-birth occurs, we will become like babes and small children (seen by tender hearts and fresh perspectives).
Our tiniest ones share key qualities. They are fervent, joyful, humble, hopeful, grateful, honest, open, eager, loving, believing, accepting and forgiving.*
Actors, models and talent for Christ: No matter your age, embrace your roles as children and act them out daily. But consider a few extra points:
1) You can't join God without childlike faith. Adult intellects can be deadly without the mindsets found in children.
2) When adults harm or mislead children (either children in age or in faith), they may face the direst consequence.
3) When churches are run like businesses and pleasing members brings them profit, teachers avoid Christ's harder Orders.**
4) Therein, some of our richest churches are devoted to baby Christians. But babies can't work or fight for God.***
5) Acting young doesn't mean looking young. Millions seek the appearance of youth, but its fulfillment is found in Christ.
To Be Continued...
* Previous 5-Part AMTC Devotion series: http://amtcdevotions.org/acting-like-kids-the-issues-part-1
** Although the Epistles are filled with warnings about false teachers and prophets, read the very short Book of Jude, which directly precedes the Book of Revelation: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jude+1&version=NKJV
*** 'For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food. For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the Word of righteousness, for he is a babe. But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil' (Hebrews 5:12-14, NKJV).
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Name Tags: You Are... series.