As for the saints who are on the earth, 'They are the excellent ones, in whom is all my delight.'
We know we are saints: citizens of Heaven, delightful to God, on a mission to broadcast good news to the people of Planet Earth. We know our King, our purpose, and our field: arts, entertainment, and media.
We know the enemy is spiritual and seeks to confuse us, but we will not be confused. We know he has a stronghold, but God is always stronger.
Jesus said our mission would not be easy, but He is always with us. Not only that, saints get benefits. In truth, our status gives us an exceedingly abundant benefit package, including...
1. Inheritance: 'The saints of the Most High shall receive the kingdom, and possess the kingdom forever, even forever and ever' (Daniel 7:18); 'The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints' (Ephesians 1:18). Our inheritance is of royal proportions. Hold on through the bad stuff to receive the good stuff--in abundance unimaginable.
2. Innocence: 'And may the Lord make you increase and abound in love to one another and to all, just as we do to you, so that He may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints' (1 Thessalonians 3:12-13). Through love 'to one another' (saints) and 'to all' (sinners), you are made blameless by Jesus. Guilt is Satan's ace in the hole, and he plays it on saints. Hit it with the Trump Card of Jesus. You win.
3. Wisdom: 'The mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints' (Colossians 1:26); 'To you it has been given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; but to those who are outside, all things come in parables' (Mark 4:11). Wow! What an honor to have insider knowledge of God: why we were born, how to get to Heaven, and how to be joyful, peaceful, and successful on earth.
4. Protection: 'He will guard the feet of His saints' (1 Samuel 2:9); 'He preserves the souls of His saints; He delivers them out of the hand of the wicked' (Psalm 97:10). Who doesn't want to be under the shadow of God's Wing in today's rough world? As His saints, we are.
5. Justice: 'For the Lord loves justice, and does not forsake His saints; they are preserved forever' (Psalm 37:28); 'He guards the paths of justice, and preserves the way of His saints' (Proverbs 2:8). If someone has wronged you, if you have been overlooked on auditions, justice is coming. Wait on the Lord. Persevere. You will be promoted.
6. Intercession: 'Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God' (Romans 8:27); 'Seeing then that we have a great High Priest' (Hebrews 4:14), 'An Advocate with the Father' (1 John 2:1). Jesus Himself pleads our petitions to God, the Father. We see the benefit of earth's best trial attorneys. Jesus Christ is yours.
7. Rewards: 'That you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height--to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God' (Ephesians 3:17-19).
Actors, models, and talent for Christ, repeat after me:
'Through the grace and redemption given by my Lord, Jesus Christ, I am a saint. I am a citizen of Heaven. Earth is my assignment. Arts and entertainment are my mission fields, and I work for God. As such, I am innocent as a dove and wise as a serpent. No one can harm me. I am no longer guilty. God listens to my prayers, and I will receive justice, rewards, and an inheritance. I thank Jesus for placing me in this influential mission field. I will hold the course. I will act for Christ in His strength and the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.'
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Our Citizenship series.