I think myself happy, King Agrippa, because today I shall answer for myself before you concerning all the things of which I am accused... especially because you are expert in all customs and questions which have to do with the Jews. Therefore I beg you to hear me patiently...
Then Agrippa said to Paul, 'You almost persuade me to become a Christian.'
You will be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles.
Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising.
In the Old Testament, Joseph stood before a wise Pharaoh. This Pharaoh didn't become a Jew, but he blessed the Jews. Later, Daniel stood before kings Nebuchadnezzar, Belshazzar, Darius and Cyrus. Three of the four kings became believers. Daniel's witness brought amazing success.
In the New Testament, Jesus stood before a chief priest, Jewish king and Roman governor. One hated Him, one mocked Him and one almost believed Him. But 'almost' wasn't enough, so Pilate crucified Jesus. His witness seemed a disastrous failure. But it wasn't.
In the Epistles, Paul stood before more politicians and rulers than Joseph or Jesus. A few believed him, but more did not. Eventually, Caesar beheaded Paul. Was Paul's witness a failure or a success? Surely the latter.
Actors, models and talent for Christ: Consider four things:
1) 'A man's gift makes room for him, and brings him before great men' (Proverbs 18:16). Jesus said you would stand before world leaders. When you face them, own up to Him.*
2) Not everyone believed Jesus. 'No one can come to Me unless the Father Who sent Me draws him' (John 6:44). Not everyone believed Paul. 'Some were convinced by what he said, but others would not believe' (Acts 28:24). God only asks that you try.
3) Today, the kings of Hollywood, largely Jewish, are watching you, even making a way for your path in media. The return of Jesus, earth's gruesome conclusion, and its glorious rebirth are coming soon. Don't shrink back. Move forward and guard your witness carefully.
4) Two princes fight for earth's people: First, 'The Prince of life, Whom God raised from the dead, of which we are witnesses' (Acts 3:15). Second, 'The prince of the power of the air' (Ephesians 2:2), who leads the entertainment industry. Even so, the dragon is leashed for now.
So ride high. Royalty awaits. 'For the Name of the Lord your God, and for the Holy One of Israel, because He has glorified you. Foreigners will build up your walls, and their kings will minister to you' (Isaiah 60:9-10).
## Passionate! Like Paul: Princes & Politicians (Part 17)
* 'Whoever acknowledges Me before others, I will also acknowledge before My Father in heaven. But whoever disowns Me before others, I will disown before My Father in heaven' (Matthew 10:32-33).
NOTE: This series is a republished edit of a 2015 series called, 'Paul's Powerful Priorities.' In these devotions, you may see notes to 'Actors, Models & Talent for Christ.' I have not changed this designation. Because in a greater sense, every disciple of Christ acts for Christ, models Christ and stewards His talents, from which God expects a profit.
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Passionate! Like Paul series.