These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God: 'I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My Mouth. Because you say, 'I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing'--and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked--I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent'... He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
Could anyone in church really hate God? Maybe someone who was forced to go there? Maybe someone who was grieved and angry? Maybe a plant sent from the enemy?
Could seasoned saints and church leaders hate God? Systemically and habitually? Regrettably, I think it happens. But I don't believe they see it that way. 'Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the hearts' (Proverbs 21:2). 'All the ways of a man are clean in his own sight, but the Lord weighs the motives' (Proverbs 16:2).
Actors, models and talent for Christ, the mobile church of the Most High God, consider four things some kin do not:
1) Wickedness in church is real and there. Five Letters from Christ to His churches address the evil found within them.* His goal was not their condemnation, but shining light toward repentance.
2) Think about how Jesus defines love: 'If you love Me, keep My Commandments' (John 14:15). If we refuse or neglect His Words, then we are hating the One True God. God won't accept lukewarm commitments.
3) Calling out the evil in churches, in the way and means prescribed by God,** while not politically correct, is both righteous and ordered by God. We must correct ourselves, not the world.
4) If we don't call out evil in church, if we're afraid and turn a blind eye, then God will punish our omission. Because to ignore sin among kin is to bring punishment on ourselves.
'Again the Word of the Lord came to me, saying, 'Son of man, speak to the children of your people... When I say to the wicked, 'O wicked man, you shall surely die!' and you do not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand. Nevertheless if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul' ' (Ezekiel 33:1,8-9).***
To Be Continued...
* In Revelation 2 and 3, see letters to The Loveless Church, The Compromising Church, The Corrupt Church, The Dead Church and The LukeWarm Church:
* Previous 10-part AMTC Devotion series, Which Church Are You?
** Check out some Scriptures on correcting our brethren: http://www.openbible.info/topics/correcting_brethren
*** Ezekiel Chapter 33 in entirety: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezekiel%2033&version=NKJV
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Proverbs for Performers series.