Every saint wants God to hear his prayers. For David, a man after God's Own Heart, God's attention was his priority. 'Be gracious to me and hear my prayer' (Psalm 4:1); 'Give ear to my words, O Lord' (Psalm 5:1); 'O Lord, give heed to my cry' (Psalm 17:1);
'To You, O Lord, I call; My Rock, do not be deaf to me' (Psalm 28:1); 'And do not hide Yourself from my supplication' (Psalm 55:1); 'Hear my voice, O God, in my complaint' (Psalm 64:1); 'Incline Your Ear, O Lord, and answer me' (Psalm 86:1); 'O Lord, I call upon You; hasten to me!' (Psalm 141:1).
Even before the King of kings was born, Israel's great king followed His Advice: 'Men always ought to pray and not lose heart' (Luke 18:1).*
Actors, models and talent for Christ, take note of a common attribute; each of these Verses is number 1. Prayer is our first line of defense. Prayer is our surest source of comfort. Prayer is a deal-maker with God, and it's a deal-breaker with Satan.
Because God is our Deliverer, prayer is like placing an order through a supernatural airway. We may request a high-speed shipment, but God's execution department obeys His perfectly placed timeline.
Actors, models and talent for Christ: Many good books focus on prayer and many teachers try to lead us. But study the best Teacher's best Book and consider a few suggestions:
1) Only heartfelt prayers will reach His Ears. Selfish or thoughtless prayers do not.
2) Every sincere prayer will be answered, but the moment and method are God's.
3) The Blood of Jesus makes us worthy, so don't let Satan's lies silence you.
4) God's Spirit will intercede for you. Ask His help to speak on your behalf.**
5) Pray persistently 'Without ceasing' (1 Thessalonians 5:17). God rewards pluck and perseverance.
6) God honors the prayers of His saints. They're eternally precious to Him.***
To Be Continued...
* The Parable of the Persistent Widow: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+18%3A1-8&version=NKJV
** 'Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Now He Who searches the hearts knows what the Mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God' (Romans 8:26-27).
*** 'When He had taken the Book, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each one holding a harp and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints' (Revelation 5:8).
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Proverbs for Performers series.