Yours, O Lord, is the greatness, the power and the glory, the victory and the majesty; For all that is in heaven and in earth is Yours; Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and You are exalted as Head over all.
For a Child will be born to us, a Son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His Shoulders; And His Name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.
Then I saw heaven opened, and a white horse was standing there. Its Rider was named Faithful and True, for He judges fairly and wages a righteous war. His Eyes were like flames of fire, and on His Head were many crowns. A Name was written on Him that no one understood except Himself. He wore a robe dipped in blood, and His title was the Word of God.
And you are complete in Him, Who is the Head of all principality and power.
When my head is circling negative thoughts like Walmart's parking lot on Black Friday, when finding a good place seems unlikely, because mean drivers are honking their horns, then an intentional turn of my brain to go in the best direction... is wise.
So I take my head to the One True Head and park between the Lines that mark His Life. Just dwelling on some of His Descriptions and speaking the Names of Jesus* out loud deliver me from negativity. I believe this bright space will help you, too.
Actors, models and talent for Christ: When your mind gets in a traffic jam, turn toward Christ to restore your peace:
* 'The blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, Who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light...' (1 Timothy 6:15-16).
* The only Begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth' (John 1:14).
* 'But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory' (1 Corinthians 2:7-8).
* 'The Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End... Who is and Who was and Who is to come, the Almighty' (Revelation 1:7-8).
* 'The Image of the invisible God, the Firstborn over all creation' (Colossians 1:15).
* 'The Messenger of the Covenant' (Malachi 3:1).
* 'The Servant of the Father' (Matthew 12:18).
* 'The Christ, the Savior of the world' (John 4:42).
* The Way, the Truth and the Life' (John 14:6)
Actors, models and talent for Christ: Knowing your identity in Christ means knowing His Identity first.* Knowing the True Head of your mission means knowing knowing you will succeed in it.
## Self-Examination 2020: Head, The True Head
* Amazing list I love: Names, Titles and Characters of Jesus Christ: https://www.blueletterbible.org/study/parallel/paral19.cfm
NOTE: This is a 2020 edit of a 2017 Shine Devotion series, 'Self-Examination.' You may see notes to 'Actors, Models & Talent for Christ.' If you think you're not in show business, think again. Shakespeare said, 'All the world's a stage and all its men and women merely players.' Mostly true. But you're not 'merely players.' You are messengers and ambassadors for the King of kings.
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Self-Examination 2020 series.