A stalwart back is strong and valiant. It ignores every potential danger and pushes fearlessly into battle. A stalwart back is built like a stone wall: dependable and indomitable. It's determined to serve its master well.
If that Master is God, it cannot fail.
Actors, models and talent for Christ, stalwart backs are trademarks of heroes: impressions of unflinching resolve;
Twinkling eyes shining in daring saints;
Metal forged in the Refiner's fire;
Teeth gritted and grinning in the fray.
Because entertainment is a fray: a noisy, brawling competition in a messy, unbecoming field. No holds are barred and few rules apply. For most stars, winning is everything, while losers leave the game in disgrace.
So why should you risk your fine talent in such a dirty hullaballoo?
1) When your Captain orders you forward, your refusal is far riskier.
2) Jesus was the world's greatest player in a brutal time of corruption.
3) He left talents with you to invest, multiply and bring glory to Him.
4) The devil can't stop your victory, but he'll try to scare you off the field.
5) Your stalwart back is a gift from God, so recognize it and lean on Him.
Self-Examination 2021: Back, Stalwart Backs (Part 91)
* The horse as described in the Book of Job: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Job+39%3A12-25&version=NKJV
** King David's eulogy of King Saul and his best friend, Jonathan (Saul's son).
*** David is a beloved example of a stalwart back, gaining strength in collaboration with God
NOTE: This is a 2021 edit of a 2017 Shine Devotion series, 'Self-Examination.' You may see notes to 'Actors, Models & Talent for Christ.' If you think you're not in show business, think again. Shakespeare said, 'All the world's a stage and all its men and women merely players.' Mostly true. But you're not 'merely players.' You are messengers and ambassadors for the King of kings.
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Self-Examination 2021 series.