Satisfaction is a rare quality.
To understand joy of contentment, not only with the foods we're presented, but also with our life's circumstances... is a seldom-reached mark of happiness.
Do we miss the beauty within our grasp?
* The exuberance found in our children.
* The reasons we first loved our spouses.
* The support of our families in Christ.
* The gifts of sight, sound, speech, touch and movement.
* The cover of homes, roofs, clothes, beds and warmth.
* The security of shelves stocked with food.
* The freedom to worship Christ openly.
* The opportunity to get good jobs.
* The asset of public education.
* The ability to perform for Christ.
Actors, models and talent for Christ: The light's not brighter on the next stage. So thank the Lord for your roles right now. He delights in your satisfaction and loves to exceed your heart's desires.
But first, rehearse appreciation. Practice it by eating modestly. Then you'll find God's gems of happiness, including a satisfied stomach, because He's always within your reach.
## Self-Examination 2021: Stomach, Satisfaction(Part 94)
NOTE: This is a 2021 edit of a 2017 Shine Devotion series, 'Self-Examination.' You may see notes to 'Actors, Models & Talent for Christ.' If you think you're not in show business, think again. Shakespeare said, 'All the world's a stage and all its men and women merely players.' Mostly true. But you're not 'merely players.' You are messengers and ambassadors for the King of kings.
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Self-Examination 2021 series.