I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life.
For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His Name is called The Word of God.
A supernatural reality,
Where heaven shimmers and hellfire simmers,
Where Jesus thrives and the devil connives,
Where good angels fight demons of the night,
Where people will rise (or fall by their lies)...
Is where we must dress for godly success.
Designer tags on amazing outfits are as meaningless as flea-bitten rags. Because from an invisible jetway, the runway of departure from this life, a flight awaits each person on this earth.
Actors, models and talent for Christ: Before you take eternity's trip, pause to consider five fashion tips:
1) Satan wants to preoccupy you with the faux fabrics of looking good, so you'll forget God's higher couture.
2) If you get fooled into chasing bling, you're baring your body to demons, which starts a hell-fest- at your expense.
3) Dipping into God's wardrobe closet requires a dip in living water, reached by faith in His Son and baptism.
4) When you read God's Word, pray on His clothes,* to insure your safety in this life and be properly dressed beyond it.
5) As it is in the physical realm, dressing for success is a wise step made from the fabric of good choices.
## Self-Examination 2021: Wardrobe, Dressed For Success (Part 98)
* Following are a few Verses about God's life-changing apparel, invisible to human eyes, but unyielding to demonic eyes:
* 'Be clothed with humility, for God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble' (1 Peter 5:5, NKJV).
* 'Now therefore, arise, O Lord God, to Your resting place, You and the ark of Your strength. Let Your priests, O Lord God, be clothed with salvation' (2 Chronicles 6:41, NKJV).
* 'Let Your priests be clothed with righteousness' (Psalm 132:9, NKJV).
* 'But put on the Lord Jesus Christ' (Romans 13:14, NKJV).
* 'Be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth' (Ephesians 4:23-24, NASB).
* 'So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity' (Colossians 3:12-17, NASB).
NOTE: This is a 2021 edit of a 2017 Shine Devotion series, 'Self-Examination.' You may see notes to 'Actors, Models & Talent for Christ.' If you think you're not in show business, think again. Shakespeare said, 'All the world's a stage and all its men and women merely players.' Mostly true. But you're not 'merely players.' You are messengers and ambassadors for the King of kings.
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Self-Examination 2021 series.