Studying the Parable of the Soils, where the soil portrays our heart conditions, where the Seed represents the Word of God, where Jesus Himself embodies this Word, where our ears are key portals of entry... consider some sobering conclusions when our hearts are not in tune with the Lord:
1. The heart and ears are closely connected.
2. Spiritual deafness comes from the heart.
3. Spiritual blindness comes from there, too.
4. Perception and understanding are lost.
5. Victims appear dull or apathetic.
6. Satan intends to keep them stuporous.
7. Hardened hearts confirm Satan's involvement.
Actors, models and talent for Christ: Nothing softens hearts like a good cry, stemming from a heart-breaking story or a crushing confession of guilt.
Although it may seem artificial, modern media hits on our hearts. When an actor plays a heavy scene, when a victim's anguish is portrayed, when a sad song stirs raw emotions, even stony men are moved to tears.
When the moment of empathy leaves, when the theater lights come back up, when new fans start following those stars...
What if they found saints on a mission? What if these saints survived real-life hits? What if briefly compassionate hearts discovered the greatest Heart of all? What if a momentary movement became their eternal destiny? What if your performance could start it?
To Be Continued...
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Self-Examination series.