Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017
Self-Examination (Part 43)
Head: The True Head
Yours, O Lord, is the greatness, the power and the glory, the victory and the majesty; For all that is in heaven and in earth is Yours; Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and You are exalted as Head over all.
1 Chronicles 29:11 (NKJV)
For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His Shoulders; And His Name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6 (NASB)
Then I saw heaven opened, and a white horse was standing there. Its Rider was named Faithful and True, for He judges fairly and wages a righteous war. His Eyes were like flames of fire, and on His Head were many crowns. A Name was written on Him that no one understood except Himself. He wore a robe dipped in blood, and His title was the Word of God.
Revelation 19:11-13 (NLT)
And you are complete in Him, Who is the Head of all principality and power.
Colossians 2:10 (NKJV)
When my head is circling negative thoughts like Walmart's parking lot on Black Friday, when finding a good place seems unlikely because mean drivers are honking their horns, then an intentional turn of my brain to go in the best direction is wise.
So I take my head to the One True Head and park between the Lines that mark His Life. Just dwelling on some of His Descriptions and speaking the Names of Jesus* out loud deliver me from negativity. I believe this bright space will help you, too.
Actors, models and talent for Christ: When your mind gets in a traffic jam, turn toward Christ to restore your peace:
* 'The blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, Who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light...' (1 Timothy 6:15-16).
* The only Begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth' (John 1:14).
* 'But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory' (1 Corinthians 2:7-8).
* 'The Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End... Who is and Who was and Who is to come, the Almighty' (Revelation 1:7-8).
* 'The Image of the invisible God, the Firstborn over all creation' (Colossians 1:15).
* 'The Messenger of the Covenant' (Malachi 3:1).
* 'The Servant of the Father' (Matthew 12:18).
* 'The Christ, the Savior of the world' (John 4:42).
* The Way, the Truth and the Life' (John 14:6)
Actors. models and talent for Christ: Knowing your identity in Christ means knowing His Identity first.* Knowing the True Head of your mission means knowing knowing you will succeed in it.
To Be Continued...
* Amazing list I love: Names, Titles and Characters of Jesus Christ: https://www.blueletterbible.org/study/parallel/paral19.cfm
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Self-Examination series.