Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth.
For the mind set on the flesh is death. But the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace...
Whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ.
For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.
Choice is a central theme of the Bible. 'I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life' (Deuteronomy 30:19).
So even worldly men know... choices count. Decisions determine our destinies.
Good outcomes require positive mindsets--as they did for Daniel and his three friends: 'Daniel made up his mind that he would not defile himself with the king's choice food or with the wine which he drank' (Daniel 1:8).
But another Bible star, Solomon, started kingship well but ended poorly, because he didn't keep his mind on God. 'As Solomon grew old, his wives turned his heart after other gods, and his heart was not fully devoted to the Lord' (1 Kings 11:4).
Actors, models and talent for Christ: Regarding your rise in media, consider the following mindsets:
1) Respect kings, but your big King is Christ. Seek His will on every casting call.
2) Refuse to worship flat screen idols. Celebrity is idolatry.
3) Reject bad thoughts as inferior to the superior Mind of Christ.*
4) Rehearse confidentiality. Mind your own business. Do not gossip.
5) Review the path your life is taking. Are you tracking the Footprints of Christ?
6) Renew your mind through the Word of God. If you stray, repent and refocus.
7) Receive God's peace through heartfelt prayer. Contrition ignites this connection.
To Be Continued...
* Short article: 6 Ways to Take Your Thoughts Captive: http://www.crosswalk.com/faith/prayer/prayers/take-your-thoughts-captive-509888.html
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Self-Examination series.