As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.
Oh, how great are God's riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand His decisions and His ways!
The Eyes of the Lord are in every place, watching the evil and the good.
For He Himself knows our frame; He is mindful that we are but dust.
He chose to give birth to us by giving us His True Word. And we, out of all creation, became His prized possession.
Indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The Lord's Mind is incomprehensible to mere mortals with a limited view. Even so, seeking to know Him better is worth everything--no matter the cost. Because the earnest pursuit of His Mind changes us. We grow wiser and brighter.
Actors, models and talent for Christ: Consider some thoughts about God's Mindset:
1) God sees the past, present and future of every person who ever lived in situational clarity. Since our views are one dimensional, we're foolish to think we know better. We're wise when we trust His decisions.*
2) The Lord knows what we think, say and do. He's watching everything, good and bad, especially our heart's intentions. Nothing is private. All can be seen, and our Boss never sleeps on the job.**
3) His love for us is everlasting. Made in His Image, we're His children: unique and treasured masterpieces, precious apples of our Father's Eye. He showed our worth through His sacrifice: sending His firstborn Son to a Cross.***
4) God desires all people to be saved. He posted and nailed His intention to the top of a Cross on a Hill. He made a new Contract, sealed by Blood. He is patient, eager and hopeful that we will read His Lines and opt in.****
5) If we seek His Mind before all else, if we love Him first beyond all else, if we set our minds on things above, if we see ourselves as His design, if we stand for Him in media, then we'll pass our examination.*****
To Be Continued...
* 'Remember the former things of old,
For I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like Me,
Declaring the end from the beginning,
And from ancient times things that are not yet done,
Saying, 'My counsel shall stand,
And I will do all My pleasure...' (Isaiah 46:9-10, NKJV).
* 'I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End' (Revelation 21:6).
* 'Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever You had formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God' (Psalm 90:2).
** 'And there is no creature hidden from His Sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with Whom we have to do' (Hebrews 4:13, NASB).
** 'For the Eyes of the Lord move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His' (2 Chronicles 16:9, NASB).
*** 'For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago' (Ephesians 2:10, NLT).
*** 'Since you are precious in My Sight, since you are honored and I love you, I will give other men in your place and other peoples in exchange for your life' (Isaiah 43:4, NASB).
*** 'He chose to give birth to us by giving us His True Word. And we, out of all creation, became His prized possession' (James 1:18, NLT).
*** 'For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you to be a people for His treasured possession, out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth' (Deuteronomy 7:6, ESV).
*** 'For thus says the Lord of hosts, 'After glory He has sent me against the nations which plunder you, for he who touches you, touches the apple of His Eye (Zechariah 2:8, NASB).
*** 'How precious is Your unfailing love, O God! All humanity finds shelter in the shadow of Your Wings' (Psalm 36:7 NLT).
*** 'Long ago the Lord said to Israel: 'I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself' ' (Jeremiah 31:3, NLT).
*** 'But God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners' (Romans 5:8, NLT).
**** 'The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance' (2 Peter 3:9, NKJV).
**** 'Who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the Truth' (1 Timothy 2:4, NKJV)
**** ' 'Do I have any pleasure at all that the wicked should die?' says the Lord God, 'and not that he should turn from his ways and live?' ' (Ezekiel 18:23).
***** 'Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth' (Colossians 3:2, NKJV).
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Self-Examination series.