Monday, May 15th, 2017
Self-Examination (part 55)
Mind: Deceiving Minds
Then the Lord said to me, 'The prophets are prophesying falsehood in My Name. I have neither sent them nor commanded them nor spoken to them; they are prophesying to you a false vision, divination, futility and the deception of their own minds.'
Jeremiah 14:14 (NASB)
I sent a message to him saying, 'Such things as you are saying have not been done, but you are inventing them in your own mind.' For all of them were trying to frighten us, thinking, 'They will become discouraged with the work and it will not be done.' But now, O God, strengthen my hands.
Nehemiah 6:8-9 (NASB)
Because the devil is deception's don,
Because he's also the king of con,
Because the devil steals, kills and destroys,
Because he lures us first with lots of toys,
Because he wants to lead God's sheep astray,
Because chumping church leaders is one way,
Because some pastors show false devotion,
Because their top goal is self-promotion,
Because they enthrall us with false vision,
Because they focus on man's provision,
Because misled men mislead others,
We must tend to our Christian brothers...
Actors, models and talent for Christ, seek the whole Truth and no one but Him. Don't let deceiving minds deceive you--most especially within the church. Don't let shy kin discourage your steps--most especially in media.
Does Hollywood practice deception? Yes, but note: they're honest about it. They don't claim their stories are the Truth. While they may chase after golden crowns, deep down they want to lay their crowns down. While they may showcase flagrant lifestyles, deep down they long for simplicity.
When the Truth (through you) enters stage right, deception exits without a fight.*
To Be Continued...
* 'Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you' (James 4:7, NIV).
* 'The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it' (John 1:5, NIV).
* 'For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed' (John 3:20, NASB).
* 'Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue lasts only a moment' (Proverbs 12:19).
* Excellent, referenced article/sermon: To Tell the Truth (Ephesians 4:25): https://bible.org/seriespage/lesson-32-tell-truth-ephesians-425
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Self-Examination series.