Satisfaction is a rare quality. To feel the hidden joy of contentment, not only with the foods we're presented, but also with our life's circumstances, is the overlooked gem of happiness. While it glows directly in front of us, we miss the beauty that's within our grasp:
* The exuberance found in our children: true passion just waiting to be embraced.
* The reasons we were drawn to our spouses: how we first loved them and why God still does.
* The support of our families in Christ: kin who lift us and insist we stay real.
* The use of mobile and healthy bodies: assets not to be taken for granted.
* The cover of homes, roofs, clothes, beds and warmth: comforts refugees long to feel again.
* The blessing of shelves fully stocked with food: bounty to be shared, but not to be hoarded.
* The freedom to worship Christ openly: The Truth jealous leaders will not admit.
* The chance to get fair-paying employment: the jobs repressive nations don't offer.
* The asset of public education: opportunities many kids don't have.
* The ability to perform for Christ: doing what we love for the right reason.
Actors, models and talent for Christ: The light's not brighter on the next stage. So thank the Lord for your roles right now. He delights in your satisfaction and loves to exceed your heart's desires. But first, rehearse appreciation. Practice it by eating modestly. Then you'll find God's gems of happiness, including a satisfied stomach, because He's always within your reach.
To Be Continued...
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Self-Examination series.