But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver.
Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
Our God is passionate. He is extravagant. He is never half-way, lukewarm or just enough. He is exceeding. He is a God Who chases us down to bless us... if we obey His commandments.
'Blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the Voice of the Lord your God' (Deuteronomy 28:2). He 'Delights in the prosperity of His servant' (Psalm 35:27). Jesus came that we 'May have life, and have it abundantly' (John 10:10).
If I sound like a prosperity preacher, hear more. First we must seek Him, follow Him and obey Him. That's called growing up in God. His blessing of prosperity is conditional. Our Father will not give us the keys to His car before we are old enough to drive.
Anyone driving a luxury car who is not a mature believer got it from a different dealer. Stay away from that lot.
To recap a few of God's conditions for receiving His keys and blessings of wealth:
1) Seek Him, His kingdom and His righteousness, Who is Jesus, first.
2) Beware of false teachers. Stay in His Word (the Bible) to know Him and recognize them.
3) You reap what you sow. It's a law of nature. He invented nature.
4) Walk in faith. Plant in faith. Be active, never passive. It's a test.
5) Give Him His legal portion. He only asks 10% of all that is rightfully His anyway. Tithe. Off the top.
6) Give to the poor: everyone, every time, at home, on the road, everywhere you can. Be generous. He will pay you back--always more than you give.
7) Approach Him with offerings. It's a physical symbol of worship and reverence. It increases your wealth in Heaven and on Earth.
And be patient. Growing up in God is a process. So is the right kind of wealth. His timing is perfect.
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Show Me The Money series.