Tuesday, May 5th, 2015
Soldier's Orders (Part 27)
Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the Law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from It to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go.
Joshua 1:7 (NKJV)
Tell the children of Israel to go forward.
Exodus 14:15 (NKJV)
Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead.
Philippians 3:13 (NASB)
Throughout the Bible, God gives us choices: life or death, blessing or cursing, obedience or rebellion, good or bad, light or dark, love or hate, truth or lies, and ultimately, Jesus or the world.
But in terms of direction, He prefers one: forward, on a 'Street called Straight' (Acts 9:11).
Twisted, winding, confusing or crooked are not His ways: 'All the Words of My Mouth are with righteousness; Nothing crooked or perverse is in Them. They are all plain to him who understands' (Proverbs 8:8-9).
'But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ' (2 Corinthians 11:3).
Actors, models and talent for Christ: The doors for you to open, the people for you to help, the stages for you to walk, will be placed before you. Will you have to look for them? Sure, keep your eyes open. Spiritual blindness is a common problem, as is blindness to the suffering of others.
But clearly, God leads from the front.
As soldiers, you put on the armor of God. So when you fight 'Against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places' (Ephesians 6:12), 'With the breastplate of righteousness in place' (v.14), you're protected in every way but one: retreat. Consider two vulnerable areas:
1) Your back: The fiery darts of hell can enter your heart if you turn your back on the enemy or your duty. Because fighting is your duty.
2) Your eyes: The sticking points of temptation can enter your eyes if you turn your back on your God-given destiny. Lot's wife is one example.
Actors, models and talent for Christ: 1) Deny the fiends of fear. Face your enemy and fight like a soldier of Jesus Christ. 2) Deny the hounds of homesickness. Face your future and fight for your roles in media.
Jesus is your Captain. Heaven is your home. Forward march!
To Be Continued...
* Previous AMTC Devotion, Looking Back: http://amtcdevotions.org/looking-back
* Previous AMTC Devotion, Enemies To Success: Retreat: http://amtcdevotions.org/enemies-to-success-retreat
* Previous AMTC Devotion, Deal Breakers (Homesickness): http://amtcdevotions.org/deal-breakers-part-2-homesickness
* Previous AMTC Devotion, Finding Your Way (Straight Forward): http://amtcdevotions.org/finding-your-way-part-2-straight-forward
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Soldier's Orders series.