Thanksgiving Day 2017
A Year Of American Angst & Anger
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His Name.
Psalm 100:4 (NKJV)
In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
I Thessalonians 5:18 (NKJV)
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Philippians 4:6 (NIV)
To you who are my prayerful partners, I'm thankful for your time, hearts and wisdom. Surely, you have your own thanksgiving list, so I'll share just a little bit of mine:
1) I'm thankful Jesus came to live with us--and for the overwhelming gifts He brought.
2) I'm thankful the Lord is so forgiving, because I still make mistakes every day.
3) I'm thankful for the family and friends who love and support me through thick and thin.
4) I'm thankful God works all things for the good, because I face problems I cannot solve.
5) I'm thankful for my home, health, food and work: also the challenges from which I grow.
6) I'm thankful for God's overriding peace during doubts, division and disaster.
Dear friends, our thanksgiving list can and must go on, especially when times are hard.
Must Be Continued...
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Imperfect Heroes series.