Sunday, September 8th, 2019
The Enemy's Game: Countermeasures--Publicity
The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the afflicted...
Isaiah 61:1 (NASB)
He went his way and proclaimed throughout the whole city what great things Jesus had done for him.
Luke 8:39 (NKJV)
Necessity is laid upon me; yes, woe is me if I do not preach The Gospel!
1 Corinthians 9:16 (NKJV)
Actors, models and talent for Christ:
Since you've been cast as God's publicists within a crooked generation;
Since you've been told to rise, shine and go to the world as His uncovered lights;
Since you've been trusted with God's talents in an age of global media;
Since communication devices connect people like never before;
Since entertainment celebrities are idolized by little children;
Since you have an opportunity to represent the only true Star;
Since you enter a field controlled by 'The prince of the power of the air' (Ephesians 2:2, NKJV)...
Consider some crucial instructions:
1) Understand your talent is God's bait. While it attracts lots of attention, your off-stage behavior is God's hook. By love, joy, peace, patience and kindness, you're acting out the Great Commission.
2) Reveal your overcoming stories. If lost souls try to idolize you, deny this faulty misconception. By admitting your humanity, you magnify The Lord Who helps you.
3) Ride high on the back of the dragon. When other believers hunker down, you rise in an action industry. By pressing forward in God's favor, you're positioned to broadcast His Heart.
4) Remember what some brethren forget. While some saints show off their achievements, you show off the achievements of Christ. By refusing to grandstand yourself, you reflect Him authentically.
5) Forget what some church folks remember, like all the sins of other people. Instead, focus on their potential. By choosing mercy over judgment, you're rehearsing the theme song of Christ.
6) Embrace The Gospel accurately. Since you're in the job of uplifting, be the standard bearers of Good News. By shining light through entertainment, you fulfill your role as publicists.
## The Enemy's Game: Countermeasures--Publicity (Part 73)
NOTE: This series is a republished edit of a 2015 devotion series called, 'The Enemy's Game.' You may see notes to 'Actors, Models & Talent for Christ.' If you're not a performer, don't be deterred. In truth, every disciple acts for Christ, models Christ and stewards His talents.
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the The Enemy's Game series.