Monday, September 9th, 2019
The Enemy's Game: God's All Stars--Abraham*
So the promise is received by faith. It is given as a free gift. And we are all certain to receive it, whether or not we live according to the Law of Moses, if we have faith like Abraham's. For Abraham is the father of all who believe. That is what the Scriptures mean when God told him, 'I have made you the father of many nations.' This happened because Abraham believed in the God Who brings the dead back to life and Who creates new things out of nothing.
Romans 4:16-17 (NLT)
Actors, models and talent for Christ, take note:
If Abraham is the father of our faith, if faith is the must-have winning strategy, if he followed an unknown God to the field, if his moves made way for God's future players, if this field was filled with opposing forces, if Abraham's people outlasted them all, then we must study the ways of our father.
Consider some of Abraham's finest moves:
1. He wasn't satisfied with phony faith among a people who worshipped idols. When the unseen God spoke into his heart, Abraham got off the bench and followed.
2. Our starter ignored his advancing years, trusting God to provide him with vigor. He deferred to his nephew's ambition, but never gave up trying to help him.
3. He was savvy in alien cultures, and he was fierce among warrior kings. Upon defeating these rich enemies, Abraham tithed to God's most holy priest.
4. Although his promised team seemed late to come, Abraham still believed in His Captain. The day God asked his hardest sacrifice, our founding father did not hesitate.
5. Instead, he trusted God would make it right, and God blessed him extraordinarily. He became the father of Israel and the father of all Christians today.
Actors, models and talent for Christ: What moves can you learn from Abraham? Maybe that idols are among us. Maybe to leave phony faith behind. Maybe that age is irrelevant, and that retirement is ungodly. Maybe that family can falter, but to continue to fight for them. Maybe to be shrewd among great kings. Maybe that giving honors the Lord. Maybe to trust Him with your loved ones.
## The Enemy's Game: God's All Stars--Abraham* (Part 74)
* Bible Chapters on Abraham's life: Genesis 12-24: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+12-24&version=NKJV
NOTE: This series is a republished edit of a 2015 devotion series called, 'The Enemy's Game.' You may see notes to 'Actors, Models & Talent for Christ.' If you're not a performer, don't be deterred. In truth, every disciple acts for Christ, models Christ and stewards His talents.
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the The Enemy's Game series.