Inasmuch as many have undertaken to compile an account of the things accomplished among us... it seemed fitting for me as well, having investigated everything carefully from the beginning, to write it out for you in consecutive order, most excellent Theophilus; so that you may know the exact truth about the things you have been taught.
Scholars say Luke* wrote his Gospel for us: outsiders who came to faith, like he did. Also that Matthew was written for Jews, Mark for Romans and John for all people.
Luke worked with Christ's earliest disciples. His inspired writings are elegantly detailed with compelling information.
Consider the life and impact of Luke:
1) Luke is the only non-Jewish writer included in the Lord's New Testament. Of note, he also wrote the Book of Acts: stories and glories of the early church.
2) As an educated professional, the much-loved physician left his lux life: home, practice, comfort and security to travel with a ball of fire named Paul.
3) Preaching Jesus to alien cultures was a thrilling, but dangerous calling. They fought arrogance and idolatry, and persevered through smiles, tears, whips and chains.
4) Luke's careful, organized dedication to the cause of Jesus Christ (and His church) left a timeless and eloquent tribute to the Son of God and His first-known saints.
Actors, models and talent for Christ: What can a godly healer teach you?
Maybe more on the Greatest Healer.
Maybe your higher education is best used to advance the best goal.
Maybe not to marry a big job, but to know you're already engaged.
Maybe as Christ's bride to stay ready to follow Him to places unknown.
Maybe outsiders turned insiders become relatable witnesses--of the joy and peace found in Jesus.
## The Enemy's Game: God's All Stars--Luke (Part 98)
* Short article: What can we learn from the life of Luke? http://www.gotquestions.org/life-Luke.html
* Short article: Who was Luke in the Bible? http://www.gotquestions.org/Luke-in-the-Bible.html
* Short article: The Bible Book of Luke (BibleHub): http://biblehub.com/luke/
* Short article: Preface to the Gospel of Luke (BibleOrg): https://bible.org/seriespage/preface-gospel-luke
* Excellent Introduction to the Book of Luke in outline form (BibleOrg): https://bible.org/seriespage/introduction-luke
NOTE: This series is a republished edit of a 2015 devotion series called, 'The Enemy's Game.' You may see notes to 'Actors, Models & Talent for Christ.' If you're not a performer, don't be deterred. In truth, every disciple acts for Christ, models Christ and stewards His talents.
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the The Enemy's Game series.