Thursday, September 12th, 2019
The Enemy's Game: God's All Stars--Moses*
Now the man Moses was very humble, more than all men who were on the face of the earth.
Numbers 12:3 (NKJV)
By faith Moses, when he was born, was hidden three months by his parents, because they saw he was a beautiful child; and they were not afraid of the king's command.
By faith Moses, when he became of age, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter, choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God than to enjoy the passing pleasures of sin, esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt; for he looked to the reward.
By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king; for he endured as seeing Him Who is invisible. By faith he kept the Passover and the sprinkling of blood, lest He Who destroyed the firstborn should touch them.
By faith they passed through the Red Sea as by dry land, whereas the Egyptians, attempting to do so, were drowned.
Hebrews 11:23-29 (NKJV)
What would it be like to be raised as a prince, then discover you were born to be a slave? To learn that your dear mother, Pharaoh's daughter, found you in a basket on the river's edge--after the murder of Jewish baby boys? That a lowly servant was really your mom? Through Moses, this revelation changed the world.
Consider his up, down and around life:
1) He went from rags to riches... back to rags; from a slave to a prince to an outcast; from a desert shepherd to God's front man, leading millions of Israelites home.
2) When God called him, Moses was reluctant. He didn't feel up to the work God asked, and he listed several objections. But when God denied them, Moses obeyed.
3) Moses was a man with a hot temper. One deadly outburst forced him from Egypt. Another kept him from the Promised Land. But this same passion stayed focused on God.
4) Through God, Moses worked many miracles. Through men, Moses endured many complaints. The children of Israel whined and griped. Even so, Moses begged God for their lives.
5) Moses gave us a preview of Jesus: a humble, miracle-working prophet, a deliverer from tragic bondage, a self-sacrificing intercessor.
Actors, models and talent for Christ: What is learned from the man called Moses? Maybe that all God's stars are humble. Maybe that failure isn't final when God is in control of your life.
Maybe that God transcends reluctance and He provides everything we need. Maybe that complaints kill complainers. Endure whiners, but don't become them. Maybe that all true stars point to Christ.
## The Enemy's Game: God's All Stars--Moses* (Part 77)
* Short article: What should we learn from the life of Moses? http://www.gotquestions.org/life-Moses.html
NOTE: This series is a republished edit of a 2015 devotion series called, 'The Enemy's Game.' You may see notes to 'Actors, Models & Talent for Christ.' If you're not a performer, don't be deterred. In truth, every disciple acts for Christ, models Christ and stewards His talents.
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the The Enemy's Game series.