Behold, the former things have come to pass. Now I declare new things.
I will give you a new heart and put a new Spirit within you.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
If we consider the capital cities of entertainment, New York is the mecca of music, modeling and theater. Certainly, L.A. is a contender because of film's impact. Other cities are significant, but let's focus on these two.
Regarding media's content and the appearance of its stars, Los Angeles is Ken and Barbie land; it loves a proven thing. Uniqueness is strangely uncommon, so when it comes, it's cool.
On the other side, we find New York, the Big Apple: Take a bite! One remarkable trait of this city is its love of newness. Originality is valued in every aspect of life.
Actors, models and talent for Christ: Your Lord and Savior loves newness, too.* He's never made two snowflakes alike, much less His highly cherished people. So adopt a New York attitude.
Sometimes, earth things can mimic God things, like a desire for new creations. Media moguls search out fresh stars: unknown faces to build a fan base. Therefore, to please both the King of kings and today's kings of entertainment, embrace your personal uniqueness.
Which of your gifts gets the most comments? What makes your performance different? How is your appearance distinctive? Because God made you one of a kind, find it, refine it and show it off.
Satan says to lay low and blend in. The Lord says to rise up and stand out. Imitate no one except Jesus. In so doing, He'll enhance your gifts.
To Be Continued...
* Previous AMTC Devotion, All Things New: http://amtcdevotions.org/all-things-part-19-have-become-new
* Previous AMTC Devotion, Be Unique: http://amtcdevotions.org/model-conduct-4-be-unique
* Previous AMTC Devotion, Non-Conformity: http://amtcdevotions.org/success-strategies-part-12-nonconformity
* Previous AMTC Devotion, The Unattractive: http://amtcdevotions.org/the-unattractive
* Previous AMTC Devotion, We Are Beautiful: http://amtcdevotions.org/carved-images-part-2-we-are-beautiful
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the The Enemy's Game series.