Cling to Him.
Hold fast to Him.
My foot has held fast to His steps; I have kept His way and not turned aside.
That we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting.
For he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
My fighter-pilot dad said of my fashion-model mom: 'Millie agrees with the last reasonable thing she heard.' In other words, a convincing speech could pull her off course. Perhaps this, that or some other way was a better way.
A Christian manager in L.A. said of her clients: 'Of course I want to represent believers when I can. But some of them show less loyalty than non-believers. When they start to get work, they leave me for a bigger name.'
Actors, models and talent for Christ: Loyalty is evidence of faith. It's keeping your word of commitment through difficulties and temptations. Even when it costs more than you thought, even when it hurts you to do so,** even when something else seems better.
Because God says, 'Let your 'Yes' be Yes' ' (Matthew 5:37).
Because we live in a faithless age where the next new thing is idolized, where kids are lured into lawlessness, where family ties are disregarded, where employees are expendable, where keeping a vow is old fashioned and pretty little liars are hot.
If you forget Jesus is your Compass, the Guide Who keeps your feet pointed straight, you'll get blown off course in Hollywood--which is surely the enemy's plan. So remember your Captain's Orders:
1) Stay focused on Him and your mission.
2) Be faithful to Him and to others.
3) Loyalty is good evidence of faith.
4) Because loyalty is rare today, it will set you apart from others.
To Be Continued...
* Previous AMTC Devotion, God's Ten Commandments for Hollywood: http://amtcdevotions.org/gods-ten-commandments-for-hollywood-5-honor-your-start
* Previous AMTC Devotion, Agents And Bosses: http://amtcdevotions.org/agents-and-bosses
* Previous AMTC Devotion, Called, Chosen & Faithful: http://amtcdevotions.org/stage-names-part-8-called-chosen-and-faithful
** See Psalm 15, specifically Verse 4: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm%2015&version=NLT
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the The Enemy's Game series.