Monday, January 25th, 2016
The Enemy's Game (Part 85)`
Star Players: Esther*
For if you remain completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father's house will perish. Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?
Esther 4:14 (NKJV)
Most girls of faith want to be like Esther, a virtuous beauty who won it all: a crown, a king and fame for her courage. But before they met and after they wed, her circumstances were not easy. From being whisked away to a harem, to hiding her real-life identity, to convincing a tempestuous king, Esther is a model for all ages.
Consider some highlights in Esther's life:
1) She was an orphan and Jew in Persia, raised by her older cousin, Mordecai. They lived as aliens and commoners in earth's most powerful, pagan nation.
2) When King Ahasuerus threw a party and his wife refused to go on display for her drunken husband's important guests, the king grew furious and dismissed her.
3) His servants planned the search for a new queen: an attractive and respectful maiden. All such beauties were taken to the palace to compete for Persia's throne.
4) Under orders, Esther hid her background, because a Hebrew might be disfavored. But she was favored, by God, staff and king. Both inside and out, she looked like a star.
5) As Persia's queen, she faced her greatest test. When her brethren were doomed for extinction by a sneaky plot the king did not know, Esther risked her life to save her people.
Actors, models and talent for Christ: What things you can you learn from Esther's life?
Maybe beauty comes from the heart, and without good roots, beauty is cursed. Maybe beauty needs obedience. Maybe beauty needs humility. Maybe great beauty brings great duty. Maybe you've been raised in media for such a desperate time as this.
To Be Continued...
* Short article: What should we learn from the life of Esther: http://www.gotquestions.org/life-Esther.html
* Previous AMTC Devotion series, Beautiful Like Esther: http://amtcdevotions.org/beautiful-like-esther-part-1-the-gift-of-beauty (27 parts)
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the The Enemy's Game series.