Mary, the mother of Jesus, stood up. As a young teen, she chose a hero's life: accepting an angel's invitation, walking the way of nonconformity, sacrificing her sweet reputation, risking the rejection of her betrothed, facing a possible death by stoning, giving her future entirely to God... because He called her, and she answered, Yes!
Consider her gentle, but daring moves.
1) Mary came from Nazareth, a village, a bump-on-the-map within Israel, and surely no one's impressive mecca, along with people considered 'country.'
2) When God's angel presented His big news, Mary was humble, but curious to discover how such a thing could happen. Gabriel patiently explained the steps.
3) Whether she thought through the consequences, as can happen in life-changing moments, or stepped forward in joyful abandon, Mary agreed with God's amazing plan.
4) Then she went on an adventurous trip to visit her cousin, Elizabeth, who received her own growing miracle. Surely, they shared the deepest communion.
5) Mary's life was a walk of faith and works. In obedience and contemplation, she followed her Lord and husband's leading. Therein, she modeled both faith and courage.
Actors, models and talent for Christ: what can a simple girl share with you? Maybe simplicity is godly, because too many things can bind you. Maybe people raised in country air show God a fresh, open excitement. Maybe certain girls will hear God's call, and certain parents will respect it. Maybe to abandon peer pressure. Maybe faith is shown in submission, and fearlessness is responding, Yes!
To Be Continued...
* Short article: Do You Trust Me? The Story of Joseph and Mary: https://bible.org/seriespage/11-do-you-trust-me-story-joseph-and-mary
* Short article: Joseph, Husband of Mary: http://www.biblestudytools.com/encyclopedias/isbe/joseph-husband-of-mary.html
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the The Enemy's Game series.