Tuesday, February 28th, 2012
Thorns And Darts
Listen to Me, you who know righteousness, You people in whose heart is My law: Do not fear the reproach of men, nor be afraid of their insults.
Isaiah 51:7 (NKJV)
Recently, a beautiful model for Christ was ridiculed by a local agency. Her photos were criticized, and she was told she had no future in the industry.
But God says, 'I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope' (Jeremiah 29:11).
Why do we remember one insult and forget one hundred compliments? Why does one small splinter in an otherwise healthy body keep us sore? Maybe for the same reason. God does not want us to forget the insult any more than we can ignore the splinter. We must remove them both. How?
By 'Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you' (1 Peter 5:7). 'The Name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe' (Proverbs 18:10). 'Above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one' (Ephesians 6:16).
The process to remove a splinter (or foreign object) from your lovely body is three-fold:
1) Identify it.
2) Get the right tool (tweezers or a needle) and remove it. Once removed, destroy it so you will not get stuck by it again.
3) Clean the wound, protect it, and wait for healing.
The process to remove an insult (or foreign object) from your lovely body is also three-fold:
1) Identify the insult as a lie from the pit of hell. Name it: 'Lie!' Anyone who 'Does not keep His commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him' (1 John 2:4). Satan 'Is a liar and the father of it' (John 8:44). Jesus commanded us to be kind and encouraging. Therefore, anything contrary to that commandment is a lie.
2) Get the right tool (God's Word) and remove it. Don't lay it aside, because Satan will tempt you to trip on it again. Cast the insult far away to God. Example: 'Father, You said to cast our cares on You. So, I cast this lie from Satan to you. I ask you to burn it up and to return to me 'Beauty for ashes' ' (Isaiah 61:3).
3) Clean the wound and protect it with God's Word. 'Father, out of You flow rivers of living water, so cleanse this sore spot and heal it by the stripes of Jesus. You said I am 'without blemish,' that I am 'fearfully and wonderfully made,' and I choose to believe You. Thank You Lord for defending me, delivering me, and healing me. In Jesus' Name, I stand.'
'Blessed are you when men hate you, and when they exclude you, and revile you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of Man's sake. Rejoice in that day and leap for joy! For indeed your reward is great in Heaven' (Luke 6:22-23).