Friday, May 29th, 2015
Trailblazers (Part 11)
Reflect The Son
And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into His Image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, Who is the Spirit.
2 Corinthians 3:18 (NIV)
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Actors, models and talent for Christ: Marked clearly on your job description is the word, SHINE: 'Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven' (Matthew 5:16). Consider two things:
1) As trailblazers lead others, others must see you clearly. Shining objects have been signals for men to follow since the beginning of time. Therein, you must be glowing people: not the majority who subdue their singularity to blend in with their peers, but the minority who reflect His nonconformity to stand out from all men.
2) If God is the Refiner, and you are impure silver; if God is the Potter, and you are only clay; if Jesus is the King of kings, and you are the jewels in His crown; if Jesus is the one true Light, and you were formerly darkness, then you cannot shine by yourself. You need purity, polish, placement and the Person of Jesus to reflect.*
For you to shine rightly before men, you must reflect Him clearly by heart: 'A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks' (Luke 6:45).
Remember two more things:
1) By yourself, you can do nothing. You have no light of your own. Both power and light are borrowed from one of two sources: God or Satan.**
2) So don't get proud, but continue to humble yourself, so God alone will exalt you. Therein, you will increasingly reflect 'The Sun of Righteousness' (Malachi 4:2).
To Be Continued...
* 'For You, O God, have tested us; You have refined us as silver is refined' (Psalm 66:10).
* 'Yet you, Lord, are our Father. We are the clay, You are the potter; we are all the work of Your Hand' (Isaiah 64:8).
* 'The Lord their God will save His people on that day as a shepherd saves his flock. They will sparkle in His land like jewels in a crown' (Zechariah 9:16).
* 'For you were formerly darkness, but now you are Light in the Lord' (Ephesians 5:8).
** 'Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner' (John 5:19).
** 'The devil led Him up to a high place and showed Him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. And he said to Him, 'I will give you all their authority and splendor; it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. If You worship me, it will all be Yours' ' (Luke 4:5-7).
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Trailblazers series.