Jesus said to him, 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.
Jesus Himself starred in the most important undercover operation of all time: to save planet Earth and its people. The world's only Superhero came in the disguise of a simple carpenter, the son of a carpenter: a humble man from a small town. Very few people knew His true identity, and no one, not even His disciples, understood His true mission--much less the method to its victory: crucifixion and resurrection.
Only His Father understood Jesus' mission in its entirety. For each of us today, God's mysteries are still unfolding. That being said, much has been revealed:
'To you it has been given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; but to those who are outside, all things come in parables' (Mark 4:11). The kingdom of entertainment is on the outside, and you are a foreigner within its culture. So, how can you be in this world successfully, but not be of it? What is the Code of Conduct?
1. First and foremost, 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment.' Know your identity, and never dishonor God with your mouth, mind, body, or heart.
2. 'Love your neighbor' (even in strange lands like Hollywood) as yourself.
3. Go out into the world of entertainment as an acting ambassador of Jesus Christ. When necessary, speak. But at all times, act in 'Love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law' (Galatians 5:22-23). In other words, no laws in any culture (including entertainment) prevent distribution of these godly calling-cards.
4. 'In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your path' (Proverbs 3:6). God will guide His heroes and stars in every audition, role, performance, and choice. No need to worry.
5. 'Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect' (1 Peter 3:15). A time will come for you to fully reveal your identity and your mission.
Thus is the method and purpose of undercover operations for Jesus Christ.
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Undercover Operations series.